Thursday, August 20, 2009

"He looks great in camp"

If I have to hear that phrase one more time I think I am going to punch someone. This has gotta be one of the most overused terms in sports, the baseball equilivatn would be "he's having a great spring training". How can a professional football player not look good in shorts and a helmet doing one on one drills. Everyone will look good without defenders. How often do you hear someone say "oh hes having a terrible camp" not very often. How am I supposed to get great fantasy advice when all they say is everyone is having a great camp. 50% of these players that are having a great camp will be cut by the third preseason game.

Another one that seems weird is a receiver having a great repor with a quarterback. who else would be throwing to randy moss in camp? of course he is going to develop a great rhythm with brady. People that are "covering" camp have nothing else to say so they come up with these little sayings that dont really tell you anything that is going on.

Speaking of camp, favre came back now so he didnt have to go through two-a-days in the heat of middle america. I cant really blame him, but why not pull a rodger clemes and say i dont want to come in until part way through the season. Minnesota is where kory stringer passed out and died in the heat, so favre was being lazy and didnt want to come in yet, plus this game him another chance to retire, and then un-retire. He will probably retire at least 2 more times before he finally retires. He really needs a broken hip or something so we can believe him, otherways there will be poeple predicting he will come back until his is 65 years old.

I can not wait until football.....

I keep having nightmares about the wire and getting killed. The characters in the show keep appearing in my dreams causing me and the kellsters to not get a lot of sleep. But hey some things are worth it. I bet anyone who watches this show will get hooked right in. I think the best way to go through a show is wait until its over or at least a few season in and just run through them in order. It really is the best way. I hate having to watch one episode and then wait an entire week or two to watch a new one. But i'm already into the office and lost that i can not pass up the new ones that are one to wait until the season is over, but for any new show i'm going to take the wait and get addicted approach. I still need to get on mad men, friday night lights, always sunny in philly and i'm sure there are more but i can not think of any at this moment. Maybe sex in the city... just kidding seeing if you are paying attention.

In the next couple of weeks i am going to do my preview edition for the nfl season and my prediction so that in february you all can look back and make fun of my terrible predictions. and weekly i will see if i can beat bill simmons and make my picks against the spread. so stay tuned, and you can blame the wire for the lack of posts lately.

Thanks bloggers its been a thin slice of heaven.

1 comment:

  1. I have the its always sunny in philly episodes on dvd if you want to try it out. The wire is awesome, cant say i ever had nightmares though. Just finished the first season of mad men and im hooked!

    ReplyDelete