Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Man Crush on Jack-O

Hello, gotta keep this short and sweet, I was riding home on the T yesterday with Arph and we were discussing our biggest pet peeve, and I know i've talked about this with some of you before but ladies this is directed at you. How come at stores and stuff you get in line, get all your things rung up, and then when told what the total is you have the surprised look on your face that you actually have to pay for these items. Once you realize you have to pay, then you open your large suitcase size purse, get the little bag out, open that up get the wallet out, open that up and then 3 compartments deep find your credit card. And my favorite move is you try and hand it to the person when the self swiper is clearly there. the same goes for keys, i've noticed a few of you, i won't name any names but you leave the car, put the keys away in the purse, then get to the door and remember that magic alone wont open the door. So you gotta dig your keys out, some times while dancing because you have to pee really bad, GO ahead an pee on yourself, it will do you the world of good, you will totally learn your lesson. I know its not 100% girls that do this, but its about 95% IMHO.

First of all terrence, if you ran a 5k you would prolly have a suit on, or that really preppy country market fresh shirt from 13 years ago. Great point declan I did hear one time somewhere that the people called it iceland so that a million tourists woudln't go there, but i wouldnt be surprised if that was not correct. Another one that drives me nuts is why do you park in a driveway and drive in a parkway, and for that matter why are there tolls on a freeway. Riddle me that. Hmm Kansas City being in Missouri, has never pissed me off but has confused me from time to time, it doenst really make sense, and the fact that it is such a big city makes it even more confusing, you dont see them naming a place in texas "oklahoma city".

Trace i totally agree with you, same goes for asians being called yellow, and native americans being red, they are not even close to red at all. That's why everyone got all upset for team names like the redskins, the redmen and so on. But i guess it would be weird to call someone peachy trash, instead of white trash, or saying someone has light olive fever instead of yellow fever.

I'm thinking of doing a best/worst sports jersey top 10, if you have ideas for that or other blogs feel free to throw ideas around.

In the meantime, thanks bloggers its been a thin slice of heaven.

2 comments:

  1. While I am guilty of sometimes carrying a large suitcase type bag, I am never surprised at the amount unless there is some surprise sale and now my clothes are even less. I know exactly how much money things will cost me when I get to the register. And the key thing is also a little offensive, sometimes I do throw my keys in the bag out of habit but guys throw them in their pocket, it's just quicker for them to get the keys back out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we throw a lot of things in, but always are able to get them out in time

    ReplyDelete